[linux-lvm] lvremove snapshot hangs LVM system

Ray Morris support at bettercgi.com
Tue Apr 24 17:33:12 UTC 2012

> Well, I suppose no one else had this problem.

I suppose not. I got a hang using snapshots atop mdadm raid, but I see
no mention of such in your message or log. I do see selinux calls in
your stack trace. It would take only seconds to setenforce 0 and test
that way, and longer to disable selinux entirely and test it. In the
best case, you'd find it's selinux related. In the worst case, you'd
shorten up your stack trace, narrowing down the problem.

Not that I'm advocating turning off selinux in general, but since
selinux is in the stack trace a quick test with selinux off for a
momment might be useful.
--
Ray Morris
support at bettercgi.com