Re: [linux-lvm] Translating device name from sar to a filesystem

Scott Merrillees,
Thank you very much for the information! I have not figured out what additional info I can get from pvs but between df, ls and the fact that the digits following dev are major and minor numbers of the device, I can find what I needed.
Appreciate your help.
Regards
Reza
Try the following commands:

df -h
sudo  pvs -o +lv_name
ls -lL /dev/mapper /dev/sd*

which will allow you to map:
dev253-17 to /dev/mapper/vg-lv with device number 253, 17
dev8-0 to /dev/sda with device number 8, 0

then you can map these back up thru the lvm data provided by pvs,
and then up to file systems from df

--
Scott Merrilees