Re: [linux-lvm] lvextend NEVER works but screws up

On 08/23/2012 01:14 PM, tariq wali wrote:
> I wanted to use the free 42.7 G and allocate it to /bin-logs so this is
> what I ran in order to extended
>
> # lvextend -L +42.7G -n /dev/vg0/logs
>   Rounding up size to full physical extent 42.70 GB
>   Extending logical volume logs to 142.70 GB
>   Logical volume logs successfully resized
>
> #resize2fs /dev/vg0/logs    ( and it gets screwed up here )
> resize2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006)
> *resize2fs: Filesystem has unsupported feature(s) while trying to open
> /dev/vg0/logs*
> *Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.*

This problem seems to be with your filesystem tools, not with LVM. If I
were you I'd create a new LV, make a new filesystem, move all the files
on the new LV, mount it, remove the OLD LV and then extend the new LV.

--
Flavio Visentin

A computer is like an air conditioner,
it stops working when you open Windows