Re: [linux-lvm] lvextend NEVER works but screws up

On 23/08/2012 16:18, tariq wali wrote:
 lvresize to extend an lvm ? how
It's the same syntax as lvextend.

also I cant create a new lvm don't have that much space and the to extend the new one and it would mean downtime . don't think it's an issue with filesystem tools , lvm has NEVER been consistent in my case .
Can you please provide details on why you don't think it's a filesystem issue? Have you come across other details that lead you to believe this? These details may help the list in helping you. While I may be over simplifying things, all LVM is, is a fancy block mapper. Most complicated things are done by the filesystem on top.