Re: [linux-lvm] clvmd on cman waits forever holding the P_#global lock on node re-join

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:14:09PM +0000, Dmitry Panov wrote:
> 1. If the problem with stuck entry in the updown hash is fixed it will
> cause operations to fail until clvmd is started on the re-joined node.
> Is there any particular reason for making them fail? Is it to avoid a
> race condition when newly started clvmd might not receive a message
> generated by an 'old' node?

For me clvmd would not work (refuse any cluster locking) if any node
leaves the cluster (making cluster LVM useless for fail-over), unless I
applied this patch:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/lvm-devel/2012-November/msg00024.html

Greets,
        Jacek