Re: [linux-lvm] Changing owner of lv device with udev

On 12/20/2012 02:14 AM, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 02:41:54PM -0800, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
>> I'm having some trouble changing the owner of a logical device. I added
>> the following udev rule to both my initramfs and the real root:
> Tell people which distribution you're using and which version, and which
> udev rule file you're editing.
I'm using Debian wheezy and added the rule to
/etc/udev/rules.d/99-udev-custom.rules.
I made sure this is copied into the initrd by adding a hook in
/etc/initramfs/hooks/.

Sorry for the omission. I thought it wouldn't matter because the rule
seemed to be parsed and used by udev perfectly both in the initrd and
after system boot.

Best,
Niko