[linux-lvm] [Linux-lvm] Need help in understanding the logical to physical mapping by LVM

Anuj Goel talk2anuj at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 23:07:43 UTC 2012

Hi Ray,

I see that the /etc/lvm/backup has only one file which gives some basic
information about the physical volumes and logical volumes.

I am looking for some hints on where to look in the LVM code if I want to
see the entire sequence of address translation from a logical address given
by the application to the physical address on the underlying RAID5..
Any pointers to a document or paper explaining this would also be
appreciated !!