[linux-lvm] (simple question) Is it possible to specify a size to extend an LVM partition to ? rather than the amount to increase by?

is it possible to specify a size to extend an LVM partition to ? rather than the amount to increase by?
i.e say I have a 2GB partition and what to extend it to 10GB, I  know I could use  lvextend --size +8G /dev/vgpool/whatever
but is there a command to increase to a specific amount ?

Cheers