Re: [linux-lvm] (simple question) Is it possible to specify a size to extend an LVM partition to ? rather than the amount to increase by?

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:44:46AM +0100, Morgan Cox wrote:
> i.e say I have a 2GB partition and what to extend it to 10GB, I  know I
> could use  lvextend --size +8G /dev/vgpool/whatever

Try:

--size 10G

      -L, --size [+]LogicalVolumeSize[bBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE]
              Extend  or set the logical volume size in units of megabytes.  A
              size suffix of M for megabytes, G  for  gigabytes,  T  for  ter‐
              abytes, P for petabytes or E for exabytes is optional.  With the
              + sign the value is added to the actual size of the logical vol‐
              ume and without it, the value is taken as an absolute one.

Alasdair