[linux-lvm] LVM2 snapshotting and new blocks

Hi,

I have a question. I am used to the NetApp snapshotting
implementation. These are what I call "new block" aware. This means a
block is only held in a snapshot when the changed block was already in
use. This means when new blocks are written they will not get snapped.
This is a great feature.

I have done some tests with LVM2 snapshots on Fedora17 and this seems
not to be the case in the LVM2 implementation. Can someone confirm
this?

Fred