[linux-lvm] Revert snapshot (lvconvert --merge) without removing snapshot

Is there any way to revert to a snapshot (i.e. merge a snapshot into origin like what lvconvert --merge does) without removing the snapshot?

I want to take a snapshot of a volume so I can do some experiments (without fear).  If the experiments fail, I want to revert to the snapshot, but frequently I want to retry the experiments in a different way, so I don't want the snapshot to be removed because I may want to revert to it again later.

Is there anyway to do this in lvm2?  If not, please consider this a feature request.

    thanks,
    Peter Canning