[linux-lvm] Still missing for supporting dm-thin

Hello all,
thanks for your hard work in supporting dm-thin from LVM

There are still 2 important features missing that I noticed when I tried it:

1) It is not possible to backup and restore a VG config (vgcfgrestore in particular refuses to work) if there is a dm-thin volume. This is a very serious problem that does not allow to recover even non-thin volumes if there is a thin volume around. Even automatic backups from /etc/lvm/archive cannot be restored/used. This puts data at risk, please fix this.

2) less important: it is apparently not possible to change the --zero flag for a thin pool once created. This is a quite important flag that should be tweakable IMHO... however if #1 is fixed, one could backup the config, modify the flag, and restore the config to achieve that.

Thanks for your work
S.