[linux-lvm] Isolation of volume groups

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Mon May 28 17:22:13 UTC 2012

On Mon, 28 May 2012, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> On 05/28/2012 03:33 PM, Fredrik Tolf wrote:
>> May 28 14:51:38 nerv kernel: [29911.468028] Filesystem "dm-33":
>> xfs_log_force: error 5 returned.

I think I must apologize. "dm-33" actually turns out to be the XFS
filesystem that was on datvol, so I probably misinterpreted the symptoms
altogether. The only remaing issue, then, should be that the ravol
filesystems froze in periods, but that might be attributable to the high
sync load caused by syslog constantly receiving messages from ReiserFS
(I've noticed that XFS displays notoriously bad performance when syncing).

There probably never was a problem, then, so I'm sorry for the noise.

--

Fredrik Tolf