[linux-lvm] lvextend NEVER works but screws up

Stuart D Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Thu Oct 4 19:59:45 UTC 2012

Let me remind people that on RHEL5, running e2fsck on an ext4 filesystem
will actually destroy data! Always
use fsck, which runs either e2fsck or e4fsck when e4fsprogs is
installed.  On newer systems, where ext4 support is not tacked on as
e4fsprogs, e2fsck handles both (but is it still a good habit to use fsck
to run the proper checker).

On 10/04/2012 02:32 AM, tariq wali expounded in part: