Re: [linux-lvm] how to recover after thin pool metadata did fill up?

On 10/18/12 12:30, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
Dne 17.10.2012 22:21, Andres Toomsalu napsal(a):
Hi,

I'm aware that thin provisioning is not yet production ready (no metadata resize) - but is there a way to recover from thin pool failure when pool metadata was filled up?

Unfortunately there is no 'easy' advice for now yet - you hit current Achilles heel of thinp support in lvm2 - we are thinking how to make recovery usable for user - but it's not easy task since many things are making it very complex - so it still needs some month of work.

So, supposing one is aware of this problem beforehand, at pool creation
can this problem be worked around by using --poolmetadatasize to make a metadata volume much larger than the default?

And if yes, do you have any advice on the metadata size we should use?

Thank you