Re: [linux-lvm] merge two lvms on same VG

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM, tariq wali <ganaiwali gmail com> wrote:
> Hi, I had a situation to combine two LVM's on the same VG , other than
> wiping the existing ones and recreating a new one is there a way to merge
> the two on same VG ?

vgmerge.  You need to have the source VG with all your LVs inactive
and the PE size must be the same in both VGs.

Basically this would be:

lvchange -a n /dev/vg02/lv01
lvchange -a n /dev/vg02/lv02
lvchange -a n /dev/vg02/lv03
vgmerge vg01 vg02
vgchange -ay

this would put all the LVs from vg02 into the vg01 VG.

HTH