[linux-lvm] howto speed-up thinpool-devices?

Oliver Rath rath at mglug.de
Sat Aug 24 08:42:37 UTC 2013

Hi list,

Im using thinpool-devices (and snapshots, too). I know, thinpool-devices
arent the fastest one, but maybe there could make more use of read (and
maybe write) caching. In my test-system are 32GB of ram, but there is a
max use of cache about <1GB, not more, by heavily use of these devices.

Is it possible to speed up the reading with growing up the cache use?
The /sys/block/dm-X/.. directories have lots of parameters, but Im not
experienced for that. Maybe Im looking at the wrong place and modifying
kernel parameters (scheduler etc.) are the better way?

Tfh!
Oliver