Re: [linux-lvm] Linux LVM online shrinking :(

Dne 1.8.2013 11:00, DILIP KURUMANGHAT napsal(a):
Hi Team,

You might already have come across this stuff many a times.

I am sending this query as to why LVM is not supporting online shrink.
How is that AIX can do the shrink but not in our best Linux.

Is there a big difference i the underlying architecture which prevents us from
an online shrink?

You are asking this question on a wrong mailing list.

LVM2 of course does fully support online device shrink.

The other side of story is - there is no filesystem I'd know about which
would be supporting online shrinking.  The fact is - it's pretty hard
to do and there are not many people interested in this feature - so I'd
not expect it would be written i.e. for ext4 anytime soon
(Since you could easily do that offline).

Zdenek