Re: [linux-lvm] Linux LVM online shrinking :(

On 08/01/2013 11:00 AM, DILIP KURUMANGHAT wrote:
Hi Team,

You might already have come across this stuff many a times.

I am sending this query as to why LVM is not supporting online shrink.
How is that AIX can do the shrink but not in our best Linux.

Hi,

how do you come to this conclusion?

LVM supports online shrinking of logical volumes since LVM1 got introduced back in 1997?

Maybe you're confusing this with filesystens or applications string data on logical volumes
not being able to online shrink?

Is there a big difference i the underlying architecture which prevents us from an online shrink?

No.

Heinz

Thanks and regards,
DILIP K