[linux-lvm] Weird errors after fresh install

Peter Rajnoha prajnoha at redhat.com
Thu Aug 8 07:53:22 UTC 2013

On 08/07/2013 11:35 AM, Raymond Jennings wrote:
> http://privatepaste.com/2e7b78484f
>
> Did I do something wrong here?  I haven't edited /etc/lvm/lvm.conf at all.

We were discussing this exact problem on #lvm on freenode just yesterday
as someone else hit that. We've nailed this down to a problem with gcc
compiler and its optimisation. It happens if -O2 optimisation is used
during compilation, but it does not happen with -O1 nor -O0. Also, we
could not reproduce with gcc 4.7, but reproduced with 4.8.

We're just trying to find a quick workaround for this gcc problem at the
moment, stay tuned for latest lvm2 upstream changes...

Peter