Re: [linux-lvm] Missing error handling in lv_snapshot_remove

Hello Zdenek,

On Wednesday 07 August 2013 02:43 PM, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:

> You are breaking the lvm2 logic thus pushing the code to go
> through unexpected error code path - user is never supposed to open
> so called 'private' /dev/mapper/ devices.

Just checking if this applies to other device types of DM, or just LVM?

We recommend our users to rely on /dev/mapper/* Multipath Devices, as
_persistent_ ones.

We also recommend to pvcreate on top of /dev/mapper/* Multipath Devices.