[linux-lvm] Discard of Volume Group free space

Hi all,
I have a question about discard (trim) feature and LVM2.

I wonder if there is a method to issue a discard (trim) operation on all free space inside a Volume Group (ie: in space not allocated to any LV).

My current understanding is that I can accomplish this by enabling the "issue_discard" parameter and then creating/removing a logical volume inside the target VG. Is this right? It can be accomplished in a simpler manner?

Regards.