[linux-lvm] Discard of Volume Group free space

g.danti at assyoma.it g.danti at assyoma.it
Tue Aug 13 20:54:25 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I have a question about discard (trim) feature and LVM2.

I wonder if there is a method to issue a discard (trim) operation on
all free space inside a Volume Group (ie: in space not allocated to any
LV).

My current understanding is that I can accomplish this by enabling the
"issue_discard" parameter and then creating/removing a logical volume
inside the target VG. Is this right? It can be accomplished in a simpler
manner?

Regards.