Re: [linux-lvm] Duplicate physical volumes

On 08/25/2013 07:28 AM, oliver_block2 web de wrote:
      Dear LVM list,

this is my first posting to this list and actually I am making my
first experiences with LVM. The following is my situation:

I had a RAID 1 consisting of /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdc1 making /dev/md2
and used this device as a physical volume for LVM. I used this inside
the volume group vg_data.

Your problem is not with LVM, but with mdadm.  Look at the contents of
/proc/mdstat, and verify which md device is which.  Yes, after splitting the
mirror, you should have done a pvremove of the inactive leg.  You can still
do so, but verify the md names.  They may have been renumbered after your
reconfiguration!