Re: [linux-lvm] dev node change

Hi Alex,

Thanks for this. :)

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 7:33 PM, Alessandro MACUZ <alessandro macuz gmail com> wrote:
2013/12/10 Peter Rajnoha <prajnoha redhat com>
On 12/09/2013 04:13 PM, Umar Draz wrote:
> Hi All
> I have a SCSI share which i am  using linux initiator on my ubuntu. Its
> available for me in /dev/sdb
> No I have created lvm group using the /dev/sdb. Today I just logut and
> login my scsi share but this time ubutnu gave me this as /dev/sdc
> instead of /dev/sdb.
> due to this my lvm group is stuck, and its giving me the error
> Input/output error
> on pvdisplay or vgdisplay,
> Any body help me how I can reslove this issue.?

You should always deactivate your LVM volumes before
disconnecting the underlying iSCSI volumes and then when
you reconnect the iSCSI back, activate the LVM volumes
(or if autoactivation is used - meaning use_lvmetad=1
is set in lvm.conf, this activation happens automatically).

Alternatively, you can call vgchange --refresh when the
iSCSI is connected back.

Couldn't be used the identification of PV by UUID here? It should be better imo.

linux-lvm mailing list
linux-lvm redhat com

Umar Draz
Network Architect