Re: [linux-lvm] resize and snapshots with clvm

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 14:37:07 +0100
Andreas Pflug <pgadmin pse-consulting de> wrote:

> What I'm missing is the possibility to resize a LV or taking a
> snapshot of it while a volume is used on one node. I'd expect this to
> work on the active node, if the volume is inactive on all other
> nodes.

I can confirm this works.

> But when I try that, I get
> cluster request failed: Invalid argument
>    Failed to suspend <logvol>

Are you sure you have the volume activated _exclusively_ on the single
node.
'is used on one node' doesn't mean much when any other node is allowed
to activate the volume at any time.

When the LV is exclusively activated (lvchange -aey) snapshots should
work (and they do work for me).

Greets,
	Jacek