Re: [linux-lvm] raid1 Failed to activate new LV

On 02/28/2013 10:32 AM, MOLLE Thomas wrote:
kernel: lvcreate: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
kernel: device-mapper: table: 252:8: raid: Unrecognised raid_type
kernel: device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table

Hi, looking at RHEL6.3 kernel code there must be a corruption or incompatibility somewhere between command line and kernel and raid1 should definitely be recognized.

Could you first try running the `lvcreate` command with `-vvvv`, please?

I see the lvm2 package is fairly recent. What about kernel? What do `uname -a` and `dmsetup targets` say?

-- Marian

I do not understand why the type is not recognized