[linux-lvm] LVM snapshot with Clustered VG

Is there a way to convert an active LV on a clustered VG to an exclusive lock without deactivating it first? Or some way of taking a snapshot of a clustered LVM? I know I have read snapshots are not possible on CLVM, but the information seems outdated.

ha node1: /dev/vg_clus/logvol_clus
ha node2: /dev/vg_clus/logvol_clus

1) I can deactivate the the entire vg on node1 and node2 with 'vgchange -an vg_clus' and activate with -ay. Just stating cluster vg is working.

2) I can deactivate locally on node2 with 'vgchange -aln vg_clus' , it shows inactive on node2 and active still on node1 - After deactivating, I cannot get exclusive lock on node1 with 'vgchange -aey vg_clus'
      I get an error locking on node1

3) I can get exclusive an lock if I deactivate the VG on both nodes and then run 'vgchange -aey vg_clus' on either node. The lvcreate snapshop works, but again, it requires deactivating the vg, which isn't an option in production.

Setup:
 Centos 6.3 (current)
 cman+pacemaker dual primary drbd for HA KVM w/ live migration
 disk: lvm -> drbd -> clvm -> kvm virt

Currently I am taking a lvm snapshot of the drbd lvm backing device, but it's not ideal ( as there are other issues )

Thanks for the time!

-Rob