Re: [linux-lvm] Forcing the lvconvert copy to be on a different physical disk

It looks as though you simply specify the PV from which you want to
allocate the new extents, after the LV you are mirroring.  That is, if
you have a logical volume "LV" on /dev/sda1 and you want to mirror it
onto /dev/sdb1:

  lvconvert -m1 LV /dev/sdb1

Later I think you would do likewise to remove the local image from
/dev/sda1, leaving the image on /dev/sdb1:

  lvconvert -m0 LV /dev/sda1

*I have not yet done this*.  Please try it out on a test machine
before risking production data.

That's it Mark.

Thanks!