Re: [linux-lvm] Very slow i/o after snapshotting

On 07/09/2013 01:51 PM, Micky wrote:
Is this supposed to be a bug report ?

Sorry for bashing the info. I was just answering the questions. LOL!

So far I've no idea about disks/tables in use, system/kernel in use, lvm
version in use....

RHEL 6.4 kernel-2.6.32-358.el6 (also tested with self compiled 3.8)
Disk on external mega raid controller with ext4

How does it perform without snapshot? I have seen a sluggish RAID array when run out of battery.

Is there a reason to use that big chunks?
If the origin is seeing a lot of small dispersed writes using big chunk may multiply it manyfold (actually worst case 128-times: every 4k write generating 512k read from origin and then written to snapshot.)

-- Marian

Running Xen hypervisor but tested without it as well

linux-lvm mailing list
linux-lvm redhat com