Re: [linux-lvm] thin discards

So can thin volumes support discards independently of the device underneath them?

I expected fstrim to free space in the thin pool.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 4:33 AM, Raymond Jennings <shentino gmail com> wrote:
Gentoo

sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.10.1
sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.97-r1

I don't know if the pool device is capable of trim support.  I do know that the underlying device, a seagate hard drive, does not support discard.  However one would think that thin volumes have their own discard handling to deallocate internally, possibly passing a discard down to the underlying block device as needed.