Re: [linux-lvm] LVM high availability

On 06/13/2013 12:16 PM, lihuiba wrote:
Please consider the following case:
there are multiple storage servers each configured as LVM on top of a RAID,
and the servers are connected by DRBD to synchronize the RAIDs.

The question is
1) can I safely active a read-only volume on all of the servers?

Depends on your file system. GFS2 and OCFS2 is fine. Most all others are not. In either case, you can't mount a Secondary DRBD resource no matter what.

2) can I safely active a read-write volume on a randomly chosen server?

You need a cluster-aware files system like GFS2 and, in the context of LVM, you need clustered VGs and LVs which requires clvmd to be running.

3) how about thin pool and volumes?

I've not played with these.

--
Digimer
What if the cure for cancer is trapped in the mind of a person without access to education?