[linux-lvm] LVM snapshot with Clustered VG

Andreas Pflug pgadmin at pse-consulting.de
Wed Mar 6 09:59:23 UTC 2013

Am 06.03.13 10:35, schrieb Vladislav Bogdanov:
> 06.03.2013 12:15, Andreas Pflug wrote:
>> I made sure it's not active on other nodes: lvchange -an vg/locktest ;
>> lvchange -aly vg/locktest
>>> And do you run clvmd from that build tree as well?
>>>
>>> Also, can you please try attached patch (on top of that one you have)? I
>>> polished conversion a bit more, denying -an if volume is ex-locked
>>> somewhere and other fixes to logic.
>> I tried that additional patch. I'm running this test versions on my test
>> node only (including clvmd), the other nodes are still running clvmd
>> 2.2.95 (I guess this shouldn't matter since all are inactive). Same result:
> I believe this matters, because error you see is received from a remote
> node. Is node with ID 7400a8c0 local?
Yes, that's the test node.
Hm, not funny if I have to upgrade all nodes on the production system...
I'm a little surprised that remote inactive nodes need to be aware of
that force-exclusive stuff.

> I'm running corosync 1.4.2 (debian wheezy).
> Which cluster manager interface does clvmd detect? corosync or openais?
> You should use former, openais one is(was) using LCK service which is
> very unstable.
It's using openais. I'm not too happy about the stability, so maybe I'd
switch to corosync now.
Could this be a reason for the x-lock failure as well?

Regards,
Andreas