[linux-lvm] LVM snapshot with Clustered VG

Andreas Pflug pgadmin at pse-consulting.de
Wed Mar 6 12:17:04 UTC 2013

Am 06.03.13 12:20, schrieb Vladislav Bogdanov:
>>> I'm running corosync 1.4.2 (debian wheezy).
>>> Which cluster manager interface does clvmd detect? corosync or openais?
>>> You should use former, openais one is(was) using LCK service which is
>>> very unstable.
>> It's using openais. I'm not too happy about the stability, so maybe I'd
>> switch to corosync now.
> That could be the problem btw. I did neither test nor look at openais
> module implementation in clvmd, because I had plenty problems with it
> (actually with LCK under it) in the past, so I even forced to use
> corosync (CPG) + dlm instead of detected openais (CPG+LCK) for older
> systems (look at -I switch of clvmd).
>
> And, openais is deprecated upstream, so I do not see any reason to use
> it. Even gfs_controld (which is probably the only well-known user of
> openais services) actually does not strictly require it, at least I was
> able to port it to pure CPG+DLM with dlm4 on top of corosync2, which is
> not compatible with openais plugins.
>
> Also you may need quorum patch found in this list, it does its job well.
>
>> Could this be a reason for the x-lock failure as well?
You just answered the quirky question :-)

Unfortunately, corosync/dlm don't work for me as expected. When starting
clvmd -I corosync (with dlm kernel module loaded), creating the dlm
lockspace "clvmd" fails, with

dlm: no local IP address has been set
dlm: cannot start dlm lowcomms -107

I haven't found any hint what might go wrong on the machine (checked
already hostname resolves correctly to its ip address via /etc/hosts;
corosync uses that network too).

Regards
Andreas