[linux-lvm] vg disappeared after replacing disc in raid10

Björn Nadrowski bjrnfrdnnd at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 20:46:51 UTC 2013

You are certainly right.
However, I have no clue what to do.
The pvcreate was a hint given on the lvm pages at redhat. It should only have overwritten the UUID in the metadata, nothing else.
Recreation of the volume group seemed  a good idea as I only had one volume group on the pv and therefore I did not see how this could have destroyed anything.
The (human-readable) data at the beginning of the device /dev/md127 is still there and does display the same information. Please see my posting
on ubuntuforums for more details.
Did you look that up? Do you have any idea what I can do?

I am anyways prepared to give up in the foreseeable future. This would be a major blow to me, this computer contained a lot of
old programs and information - but as it goes, I never looked up most of it.
There are some programs on which I was working at the moment, loss of those would be my major inconvenience at the moment.
But as my data recovery attempts seem to go nowhere, I will have to stop trying some day.