Re: [linux-lvm] vg disappeared after replacing disc in raid10

On 03/25/2013 05:50 PM, Björn Nadrowski expounded in part:
Well, I see I would have to remove the volume group first, at the very least.
I wouldn't. Just think of your vgcreate as removing all LVs and renaming the VG. Now you want to undo all that
with a vgcfgrestore.
But I would just be back in the middle of my problem description on ubuntuforums, wouldn' t I?
Still no volume group, still no logical volumes...
Does knoppix have an older lvm version that doesn't recognize your metadata? I *hope* it doesn't have lvm1, which used binary metadata....

If you see the human readable metadata, and knoppix doesn't, then there is a problem with knoppix. Either ancient lvm, or the device filtered out for vgscan in lvm.conf.