Re: [linux-lvm] snapshot an lvm disk containing ext4 partitions

And theire is no risk to lose data?

Le 24 mai 2013 21:45, "Jacek Konieczny" <jajcus jajcus net> a écrit :
On Thu, 23 May 2013 09:31:23 +0300
Alexis <alexis pellicier nds k12 tr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was use to snapshot an LVM volume containing ext4 partitions for
> backup purpose. This is a disk for Xen DomU paravirtualized linux box.
>
> With lvm-2.02.98 and kernel  3.4.11 from opensuse 12.2 the ext4
> partitions inside  the snapshot were clean.
>
> Now I've upgraded to opensuse 12.3 (kernel 3.7.10 lvm-2.02.98)
>
> Is lvm supposed to keep my inside ext4 partitions clean when
> snapshotting my volume? If not is theire any way of doing this?

Use read-write snapshots instead of read-only ones.

The first time you mount the snapshot (read-only mount is enough)
the journal will get replayed and the stored file-system will become
clean.

Greets,
        Jacek