[linux-lvm] thin-provisioning-tools failed compiling on Ubuntu 13.04

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Mon May 27 13:37:28 UTC 2013

Dne 27.5.2013 11:39, Oliver Rath napsal(a):
> Hi lsit,
>
> i wanted using thin-provisioned lvm-volumes on a new created Ubuntu
> 13.04-machine. Unfortunatly the needed thin-provisinoing-tools dont
> compile anymore.
>
> It seems to be a conflict between a boost-lib and the code
> ("range"-class ambigous). Im using libboost-dev 1.49.0.1.
>
> Any hints to solve this? I appended the log. It is a intel core2duo
> machine (64bit) with 3GB RAM.

Looks like name collision with upstream boost range type.
I assume more tight unambiguous   base::range needs to be used:

i.e. something like this:

-missing_devices(std::string const &desc, range<uint64_t> const &keys);
+missing_devices(std::string const &desc, base::range<uint64_t> const &keys);

But it's needed on more places - and there are further complation problems
with  thin_debug.cc - which needs some extra work to be made.

Zdenek