Re: [linux-lvm] LV mirror extents on same physical device

On 23-02-2014 21.03 -0600, Roger Heflin wrote:
> without the anywhere option it indicates you need *4* devices, 2 for
> data, and 2 for mirror log, using anywhere removes the more than 1
> device for everything,.

The -alloc=aywhere simply refers to the log. I'm not concerned about the log, I'm concered about the actual image extents, which seem to be both on /dev/md1.

> Using this format should allow you to force the move of a copy from
> one device to another, see the pvmove man page for more details.
>
> pvmove /dev/sdb1:1000-1999 /dev/sdc1:0-999

The end goal is to convert the mirror to a linear volume (on /dev/md2).
I'm still not convinced that pvmove is the right utility for mirrored extents. But thanks for the advice - I will try it if lvconvert -m0 fails. (this is a test server).

best,
Julie