[linux-lvm] How to remove vg + lv?

Hi,

A HD in my lvm2 array got flakey and I wanted to be on the safe side
and move its contents with pvmove.

During that operation the HD died completely, even a reboot didn't
revive it anymore. Now I tried to remove the vg and lv to be able to
set it up again (its for backup purposes, therefore the contents are
reproducible). I got the results:

root elefant:/# pvmove --abort
  Couldn't find device with uuid TLYwDv-aNDB-TM6g-oLTf-pjdj-TN4E-Yr8KHQ.
  Couldn't find device with uuid CP2BAI-oZCw-woFK-MfLN-jAFD-66mj-aCLz3S.
  Cannot change VG vg_new while PVs are missing.
  Consider vgreduce --removemissing.

root elefant:/# vgreduce --removemissing --force vg_new
  Couldn't find device with uuid TLYwDv-aNDB-TM6g-oLTf-pjdj-TN4E-Yr8KHQ.
  Couldn't find device with uuid CP2BAI-oZCw-woFK-MfLN-jAFD-66mj-aCLz3S.
  Removing partial LV lv_new.
  Can't remove locked LV lv_new

root elefant:/# vgremove vg_new
  Couldn't find device with uuid TLYwDv-aNDB-TM6g-oLTf-pjdj-TN4E-Yr8KHQ.
  Couldn't find device with uuid CP2BAI-oZCw-woFK-MfLN-jAFD-66mj-aCLz3S.
  WARNING: 2 physical volumes are currently missing from the system.
Do you really want to remove volume group "vg_new" containing 1 logical volumes? [y/n]: y
  Can't remove locked LV lv_new

Your help is appreciated very much,
Hans