[linux-lvm] thin: 235:2 pool target (735616 blocks) too small: expected 809216

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jun 1 22:52:57 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-05-31 at 13:22 +0200, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> Hi

Sorry for the delay.  It can be a bugger to get an environment on a
laptop that won't boot USB devices to a state where you can access the
PV and store something from it.

> Well - could you post somewhere for download 1st. MB of your
> PV device?
>
> dd if=/dev/sdX of=/tmp/upload_me bs=1M count=1

You should be able to get that from:

http://www.interlinx.bc.ca/~brian/lvm-pv.img

> Have you already tried to restore in some way ?

I have not tried anything yet for fear of making things worse ("angels
tread" and all that), so this is a blank slate from the point of it
first failing.

Cheers,
b.