Re: [linux-security] Re: Re: Sendmail 8.8.2 exploit.

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Quantum wrote:

> hi.. rather than us sifting through the code could you tell us how it was

<snip>

Rather than sifting though half a dozen security mailing lists just to
make you sure catch the latest sendmail hole (which seems to pop up once a
week) before you get hacker, I suggest you all give qmail a try:

www.qmail.org

I have installed it on my machine and I am very happy with it. I have not
found it lacking any features that I need. It installed quite cleanly on
my Slackware 3.0 installation. I run a majordomo mailing list with 1,400
people on it.  Qmail *flies* through the mailing list far faster than
sendmail could ever hope to. Qmail has only one little program which runs
as root, as opposed to all of sendmail.

Tracy Reed
http://www.ultraviolet.org
http://www.linux.org - Escape the Gates of Hell