Re: [linux-security] Re: denial of service attack on login

> > The following denial of service attack seems to work quite nicely on my
> > ancient Red Hat 3.0.3 system with the standard login application. Perhaps
> > this is not a problem with 4.0? Does anyone know about other distributions?
> >
> > 	joe$ nvi /var/log/wtmp
> >
> > 	[ Now no-one else can log in ]

It doesn't work on my (slightly) modified slackware 3.1 installation
either.  Just for reference.

Http://softcon.com offers web pages for a reasonable rate, and will even
create pages for you at *very* fair rates.  Check us out today if you're
looking for a home for your web pages.