IP Filters and Masq: last questions

I have some last questions about IP and Masq.

This is the network configuration I have now:

|INTERNET|---|CISCO|---<DMZ>---|FIREWALL, IP+MASQ|---|INTERNAL NET|

The firewall is a minimal RH51 that only accepts SSH connections from
selected hosts and has no redir software.

>From the comments I've been reveiving, I know that tcp connections are
secured.  What about udp, icmp, ipx/spx or any other I don't know about?
Are the blocked to or they pass thru?  If they pass, what measures do I
have to filter or block them?

Thank you!  So far, the list is being very helpful.

I will post the results of all my inquiries in a week or so.