ICMP

After the recent attacks on the major servers on the web my ISP has
decided to stop all ICMP messages from his ISP.

I have red the RFCs and it seems that he cant do that... As a result
pings and traceroutes will not work.

I need a friendly person out there to tell me a way to break the news to
him that he has to allow ICMP packets

through his network... any suggestions would be helpfull

[mod: Ping and Traceroute not working is just that. However,
disabeling all ICMPs means he also broke path MTU discovery. -- REW]