[Lohit-devel-list] errors in TT instructions

प्रविण सातपुते pravin.d.s at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 06:59:46 UTC 2010

On 17 February 2010 02:44, Bernard Massot <bmassot at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It seems TrueType instructions in Lohit-Hindi worsen the font more than
> it improves it. After removing instructions from it, text looks far
> better.
> I made two screenshots of Indix's web site on Firefox, one with original
> instructions found in upstream Lohit-Hindi, one after removing all
> instructions. You can see the result on http://bmassot.free.fr/indic/ .
>
> Since instructing's goal is to improve a font, I wonder how this
> happened. How were instructions generated at first? Some tests even
> showed me that FontForge's autoinstructions can work better than
> instructions already existing in Lohit-Hindi.
>
> Did you already notice that? Did you try to improve it?

Actually we are not using hinting for Indian script, as its always worsen
the things due to curvy nature of shapes.
i did not noticed this and not even tried to add it any time :)
Just simply editing .sfd file of lohit-hindi not give me anything related to
hints, where and in which version you found this?

Thanks & Regards,
Pravin S