[Lohit-devel-list] added locl feature in lohit-devanagari

pravin.d.s at gmail.com pravin.d.s at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 10:45:17 UTC 2010

Hi All,

   Few months back we had a nice discussion on using .ttc or locl feature.
Last month ' Ujjwol' reported some bugs regarding Nepali language variants
for Devanagari.
Now i have added those in Lohit Devanagari and committed in svn so one can
refer it from there. This is also build for Fedora 14 and Rawhide.

   One interesting thing i notices after adding locl feature, when i started
gedit with ne_NP locale, only that single feature/GSUB Lookup was working in
Nepali locale. Then i added deva ('NEP') is all lookup's then all feature
started working in Nepali locale.

    I think after getting locl in fonts lookup pango only execute, lookup
having deva(lang) defined for particular language. It does not execute
deva(dflt) lookups.

   This is working fine with Firefox and Gnome. looking forward to add more
variants.

   Will do upstream release next month after getting some more testing.

Regards,
Pravin S