Re: [Lohit-devel-list] Relicensing Lohit fonts

On 13 September 2011 02:40, Richard Fontana <rfontana redhat com> wrote:

Google in particular has for some time been interested in using the
Lohit fonts, including all the improvements made by this project, in
ChromeOS and (I believe) Android, but finds a GPL-based font license
unacceptable. Google is willing to accept fonts under the OFL,
however.

I consult for Google Web Fonts, and while I don't speak for the company, I personally believe switching to the OFL is a good idea, and know that the OFL will allow Google Web Fonts to make these fonts available conveniently as web fonts.

Thanks, Richard!