[Lohit-devel-list] Relicensing Lohit fonts

Richard Fontana rfontana at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 15:43:20 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:40:02PM -0400, Richard Fontana wrote:
> Under the circumstances specific to this project, I believe we can
> relicense to OFL subject to any objection by any past contributor to
> the fonts. If there is no objection, we will proceed with relicensing
> under OFL in due course.

Since no one has objected, and we have only heard positive statements
about this, I hereby declare the Lohit fonts to be relicensed, as to
all their past and present versions released by the Lohit fonts
project, under the SIL Open Font License 1.1.  As to how to handle the
indication of this change of licensing, I will leave that to Pravin
and the project participants.

Thanks,

Richard E. Fontana
Open Source Licensing and Patent Counsel
Red Hat, Inc.