[Lohit-devel-list] Lohit fonts in Android ICS?

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 05:20:23 UTC 2012

Hello, I just upgraded my Sony Xperia Neo V to ICS yesterday evening
and to my pleasant surprise found that Tamil (my mother tongue) script
is now displayed properly apart from the Devanagari + Bengali which
were there in Gingerbread.

Not only that, the appearance of the fonts looks as if they are the
Lohit collection of fonts. Even the Devanagari font has changed
appearance since Gingerbread and now looks like the Lohit Devanagari
on my computer. Anyone know for sure whether Lohit fonts are being
used in Android? It would be a great feather in the cap for Lohit, no?

--
Shriramana Sharma