[Lohit-devel-list] Glyph of 0BF7 Tamil Credit Sign ௷

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 13:05:19 UTC 2012

Hello. The Lohit fonts show for 0BF7 Tamil Credit Sign ௷ a glyph which is a
ligature of எ and ௳. However the Tamil Unicode chart (
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0B80.pdf) gives the glyph for the
character as a ligature of எ and வ.

I am not making this a request to change the glyph in the Lohit font,
because I believe the Lohit font is actually more correct than the Unicode
chart in this case, as the glyph-fragment ௳ is seen in many symbols in
Tamil (yet to be encoded and which I am researching). The Unicode chart
glyph may well have to be changed according to my research.

I request Pravin or others to search for the origin of this glyph and
kindly provide me the sources by which they have given this shape for this
character in this font.

Thank you.

--
Shriramana Sharma